Voice picking is voice technology which can be used in the warehouse it involves the use of a wearable computer with a headset and microphone so that warehouse operatives receive instructions by voice and verbally confirm their actions back to the system.
The system uses speech recognition and speech synthesis to allow workers to communicate verbally with the warehouse management system (WMS).
- Voice WMS is proven to improve picking accuracy between 99.97% & 99.99%, therefore leaving less room for mistakes in the warehouse and improving operations by being more efficient
- Warehouses incorporating voice picking will see a ROI within 6-12 months as it generates major performance benefits and saves cost in areas such as admin and stationary costs
- Error rates can be slashed by as much as 90% due to employees now benefiting from the hands-free, eyes-free nature of voice allowing them to focus fully on their work. Faster training of new staff and added flexibility to move staff around departments as product knowledge is no longer needed.
- Implementing the usage of a voice picking system can help optimise space utilisation up to 40% in comparison to conventional warehouses.
- Improvement in picking rates by 15% or more, as pickers can work faster and more accurately from pick faces which are automatically kept replenished by the system, optimising the use of both FLT drivers and pickers and eliminating re-picks and waiting time due to empty picking faces.
Overall, the Voice picking involvement will revolutionise a company’s development and day-to-day savings.
To find out more about our Voice WMS please contact us for more information here