Magento recently sponsored a webinar entitled “Ways to Boost the B2B Shopping Experience” as part of Internet Retailer’s Webinar Series. It explored real-world examples of how merchants are achieving success by delivering better B2B experiences in a marketplace. Four tips for boosting the B2B shopping experience involve personalisation:
- Intuitive navigation and search: Make it easy for customers to navigate your site and rapidly find the products they’re looking for. Positive online shopping experiences improve customer loyalty and sales.
- Account personalisation: Account personalisation enables you to customise their experiences and deliver targeted messaging that simplifies the ordering process.
- Tailored, dynamic pricing: Dynamic pricing allows prices to reflect pre-configured business rules and negotiated contract pricing terms. Tailoring your pricing can both increase profitability and improve customer relationships.
- Product recommendations: B2B customers want the convenience of retail shopping experiences, so you need to be able to generate product recommendations based on your customers’ tracked shopping habits.
- Quick order/bulk entry: A user-friendly system that makes bulk ordering simple and straightforward saves customers’ time and improves their experience.
- Intuitive reordering: Reordering features, such as adding a buy button to previous transactions, makes it easier for customers to self-serve so they can easily reorder recurring items on future visits.
- Content/product information: Empowering customers to gain quick access to product information online, including updated product pricing, specifications, and availability, lets customers make more informed and accurate purchasing decisions on your site.