Regarding Warehouse Robotics and WMS, technologies have emerged as a game-changer in the world of warehouse management. With advancements in automated technologies, companies are increasingly turning to automation systems. The Material Handling Institute states, “Adoption of robotics in warehouses will increase 50 per cent or more in the next five years.”
So, are you keeping up?
This blog post will discuss how integrating robotics in your WMS can increase productivity and its benefits.
Revolutionising Warehouse Management with Robotics:
According to a report by Statista, “In 2022, the warehouse robotics market was worth some 6.1 billion U.S. dollars worldwide. Warehouses have boosted their automation efforts to tackle the labour shortage during the coronavirus pandemic”. Furthermore, by 2030, we expect this market “to reach just under 16 billion U.S. dollars.”
Although enough time has passed for us to feel we’re free from the clutches of Coronavirus, robotics still have a place in warehouse management. In an interview with The Times, Erik Nieves, chief executive of Plus One Robotics, says, “I worry for those who don’t do it… Even today, many warehouses are just racks, carts, and clipboards. They’re just not going to be able to keep up.”
The Benefits of Using Robotics in Your WMS:
Undoubtedly, the integration of robots in warehouse operations has revolutionised business processes. As stated in SCMDojo, “Robotization has made it possible for warehouses to drastically improve operations…”
But which areas specifically can benefit from automation?
- Increased productivity: Using robotic technologies within WMS can significantly increase productivity by saving time to complete tasks and improving accuracy.
- Improved safety: Robots can perform dangerous or risky tasks for team members, such as working at heights or handling hazardous materials.
- Cost-effective: Robots can work around the clock without breaks or fatigue, enabling them to perform tasks at a lower cost than physical workers.
- Increased Bandwidth: Automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks has allowed workers to focus on more complex tasks, such as managing inventory.
- Better inventory management: With the help of robotic technologies, businesses can improve inventory management by tracking inventory levels in real-time and reducing errors.
- Enhanced customer experience: By automating repetitive tasks, businesses can free up employees to focus on providing a better customer experience, such as responding to customer queries quickly and accurately.
“Automated warehouses, with their robotic systems, offer several advantages for companies. They allow better control of inventory, which means fewer errors and less downtime, and reduce the cost of operations, especially in areas such as labour and energy.” – David Brode, President of Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions.
Preparing for Integration:
So, now that we have established the importance of embracing Warehouse Robotics and WMS, it’s time to discuss how to start. Before integrating robotic technologies within your warehouse, evaluating your current WMS and identifying areas you can improve is crucial. Stay tuned for our upcoming webinar about the topic.
Our Warehouse Management Solutions (WMS):
At BCP, we know how fundamental your warehouse operations are to your supply chain. However, for it to work efficiently, it requires a delicate balance of supply, demand and stock control solutions.
Accord WMS provides a comprehensive solution to help you manage everything from goods receiving and inventory management to picking and delivery, all while maximising speed and accuracy. With over 40 years of experience in providing specialist software for warehouse management and execution, we pride ourselves on being the expert you can trust. We also strive to keep up to date with the latest and greatest in the industry, recently delivering a presentation at the IntraLogisteX event.
Our cost-effective solution includes various features and functionality to support your business and enhance your operations. Click here to learn more, or contact one of our experts with any questions about our Accord WMS and how it can benefit your business.